Want to be part of the AECM team? We are looking for a Junior Policy Officer for a part-time position.
The activities envisioned for this role are:
- Monitoring, analyzing and informing members regarding European and international policy dossiers of relevance for the guarantee sector.
- Responsible for the AECM working groups: preparation of meetings, drafting of agenda and background documents, contributing to the meeting by reporting on latest developments for each topic at EU and international level, drafting a summary of the meeting and ensuring that agreed upon action points are executed;
- Liaising extensively with colleagues and members working on relevant policy files; determining the developments in these areas that are relevant to AECM’s members;
- Translating members’ positions into concrete action at all levels: public position papers, consultation responses, best practices, seminars, action plans, etc;
- Liaising with EU and international authorities such as the European Commission, the European Parliament, other associations, etc. on an ongoing basis to present and promote the views of AECM
- Produce materials, press releases, talking points, background documents, and other communications for congressional meetings and smart lobbying, produce content for external and internal communication (newsletters, website)
- Conduct strategic planning in advance of meetings, including meeting goals, and ensure follow up
- Work as part of a team, contributing towards a culture of flexible and collaborative team
- University Degree, ideally with a specialization in European affairs;
- 1 to 3 years work experience in a European or in a national association;
- Proven analytical and drafting skills;
- Ability to work in an international environment; effective communicator in meetings;
- Organizational skills, ability to take initiative and work independently and also to collaborate with colleagues where necessary;
- Ability to comply with tight deadlines and to deal with numerous files in parallel;
- A person able to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Working language English, additional languages, especially French and Italian are considered an asset;
- Relevant computer and presentation skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
The offered contract is part-time (50%) and candidates are invited to apply by sending their CV and covering letter to: email@example.com with the object “Junior Policy Adviser + your name and surname”. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted so we thank you in advance for your interest in this position.