What is the EMGN?
The Euro-Mediterranean Guarantee Network (EMGN) is a network of Credit Guarantee Schemes (CGS) established in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The initiative is promoted by its Full Members – the 7 signatories of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in 2012 representing Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia – and its Founding Promoters the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA), the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) and with the support of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
1. Bridge the knowledge gap regarding MSMEs access to finance in the EuroMediterranean;
2. Expand guarantee schemes in North and South Mediterranean and foster EuroMediterranean cooperation in the area of credit guarantees;
3. Increase cooperation between EU, Northern and Southern Mediterranean institutions active in the development of MSMEs and their access to finance, thorough i.e. the recently established European External Investment Plan;
4. Support the development of Northern and Southern Mediterranean guarantee schemes’ product range and particularly in the MSME segment;
5. Provide evidence on the impact of credit guarantees and on the feasibility for the implementation of other guarantee instruments such as counter guarantees funds and equity guarantees;
6. Disseminate knowledge on guarantee schemes via appropriated supports;
7. Enhance the operating environment of Northern and Southern Mediterranean guarantee schemes;
8. Enhance cooperation between the credit guarantee schemes beyond the EuroMediterranean region.
EMGN provides the following activities: 1) Training; 2) Research & Development; 3) Advocacy and 4) Dissemination.
|Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA)|
|European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)|
|Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)|
|Hellenic Development Bank (HDB)||Greece|
|Caisse Centrale de Garantie des Crédits d’Investissement (CCGCI)||Algeria|
|Credit Guarantee Company (CGC)||Egypt|
|Jordan Loan Guarantee Corporation (JLGC)||Jordan|
|Caisse Centrale de Garantie (CCG)||Morocco|
|Euro-Palestinian Credit Guarantee Fund (EPCGF)||Palestine|
|Société Tunisienne de Garantie (SOTUGAR)||Tunisia|
|European Association of Guarantee Institutions, AECM|
|Global Network of Guarantee Institutions (GNGI)|
|Kafalah Small & Medium Enterprises Loan Guarantee Program (Saudi Arabia)|