What is the EMGN?
The Euro-Mediterranean Guarantee Network (EMGN) is a network of Credit Guarantee Schemes (CGS) established in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The initiative is promoted by its Full Members – the 7 signatories of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in 2012 representing Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia – and its Founding Promoters the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA), the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) and with the support of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
EMGN seeks to:
1. Bridge the knowledge gap regarding MSMEs access to finance in the EuroMediterranean;
2. Expand guarantee schemes in North and South Mediterranean and foster EuroMediterranean cooperation in the area of credit guarantees;
3. Increase cooperation between EU, Northern and Southern Mediterranean institutions active in the development of MSMEs and their access to finance, thorough i.e. the recently established European External Investment Plan;
4. Support the development of Northern and Southern Mediterranean guarantee schemes’ product range and particularly in the MSME segment;
5. Provide evidence on the impact of credit guarantees and on the feasibility for the implementation of other guarantee instruments such as counter guarantees funds and equity guarantees;
6. Disseminate knowledge on guarantee schemes via appropriated supports;
7. Enhance the operating environment of Northern and Southern Mediterranean guarantee schemes;
8. Enhance cooperation between the credit guarantee schemes beyond the EuroMediterranean region.
EMGN provides the following activities: 1) Training; 2) Research & Development; 3) Advocacy and 4) Dissemination.
|Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA)|
|European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)|
|Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)|
|Caisse Centrale de Garantie des Crédits d’Investissement (CCGCI)||Algeria|
|Credit Guarantee Company (CGC)||Egypt|
|Jordan Loan Guarantee Corporation (JLGC)||Jordan|
|Caisse Centrale de Garantie (CCG)||Morocco|
|Euro-Palestinian Credit Guarantee Fund (EPCGF)||Palestine|
|Société Tunisienne de Garantie (SOTUGAR)||Tunisia|
|Global Network of Guarantee Institutions (GNGI)|